NEW STORE: Bracegirdle’s – House of Fine Chocolate
What’s better than the sweet aroma of fine chocolate and coffee brewing, a friendly greeting and a comfortable chair to relax in while waiting for a divine chocolate treat. Bracegirdle’s, a local favourite, known for its delectably decadent desserts and high quality chocolates, has opened a new store on Cross Road. The new location, which is the now the headquarters for the brand, offers the ultimate chocolate experience with patrons being able to see the chocolate and patisseries being made by the very talented chocolatiers and chefs as they dine.
Paving the way for chocolate and dessert speciality cafes in SA, owners Sue and Garry Bracegirdle opened their first store (Glenelg) nine years ago. Since it’s inception, they have continued to break boundaries and offer patrons new and exciting treats, which explains their host of industry awards including several gold awards from the Royal Adelaide Show. As Garry explains, “Our philosophy has always been, why follow if you can lead? We try to create something that’s a little different and outside the square. We are always moving forward, respecting tradition but not being bound by the rules. Our award winning High Thai Chocolate has a dark chocolate shell and white ganache filling with flavours of chilli, coriander and lemongrass.”
- The Chocolate Affair – Fondue for 2-5 people, $23.50 (for two)
- Waffles – Drizzled with sumptuous melted chocolate, $14.90
- Peanut Butter Frappe – A fun flavour that’s equally as delicious as it sounds, $8.50
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – A fresh take on an old favourite, made using the same filling as the individual salted caramel chocolates, $7.50
- Steak, Stout and Chocolate Pie – Made using chocolate nibs which add an earthy flavour, the pie which is served with a side of salad is an all-day menu item, $14.50
The Croissants ($4 each) made fresh on premises are a crowd favourite and we couldn’t resist. Layers of flaky pastry, glazed and topped with almonds, one simply isn’t enough. For a French style breakfast grab one with a coffee, it’ll be the best start to your day.
Mon – Wed 7:30am – 5pm
Thurs & Fri 7:30am – 9pm
Sat 8am – 9pm
Sun 9am – 5pm
Bracegirdle’s – Cross Road
289 Cross Road, Clarence Gardens