The most important thing to note is that The Color Run is not your typical race. Whilst crossing the finishing line first would be nice, the aim of this game is having fun, it is after all the #Happiest5k so it’s about getting involved with your friends and family alongside.
- The run is approximately a 5km looped course
- The course will be where Color Zones are located
- There will be a water station around the half-way point of the course to keep you hydrated. Water stations will also be located in The Village.
Answers to some of the questions you might have for the big day…
DO I NEED TO BE SOME SWEET OLE’ RUNNER TO DO THIS?
The simple answer is NO. There are plenty of other great 5k’s out there to test speed and performance. This colour dash is all about a colour crazy day with friends and family. You can run, walk, crawl, or cartwheel if you wish!
IS WATER SUPPLIED?
All Color Runners are encouraged to bring a bottle of water with them to keep hydrated. There will be fill up points within the village for you to top your bottle up. There will also be a water station roughly half way along the course and all participants receive a bottle of OVI as they cross the finish line.
DO YOU HAVE “CLEANING STATIONS” AT THE FINISH FESTIVAL?
We have an air blown cleaning zone within the festival area. With a good dusting off, you aren’t 100% clean, but you are totally good for the drive home. It is actually pretty fun to see people still coloured up around town after The Color Run event.
ARE CAMERAS AND PHONES SAFE TO HAVE IN THE COLOUR ZONES?
Our race photographers are totally fine shooting from a medium distance (10-15 meters). If you want to get shots right in the midst of the colour we recommend covering cameras/phones with glad wrap or placing your phone in a zip lock bag.
RULES & SAFETY
- Walkers/ Dancers stay to the LEFT, leaving room for some of our speedy Runners to pass on the RIGHT
- Color Rollers – Wheel chairs and Prams are the only wheels permitted on course and it is recommended you seed your self towards the back of the start chute (Please leave bikes, scooters etc at home)
- If you are running with small children please watch and direct them through the event (we recommend writing your name and mobile number on their wristband or race bib)
- If you are concerned with any part of the experience please feel free to wear safety glasses, a bandanna, dust mask or similar. Should you have any difficulties whilst on course please notify a staff member or volunteer.
- No furry friends – please keep your animals at home even if you think they would look cute colourful
Lost kids/mums /dads and property: will all be taken to the information tent (located within The Village), please report anyone or thing that is missing here
- Oil your hair – This will help the colour to wash out (Blondes you have be warned) we recommend: Leave in conditioner, coconut oil, morocco oil or similar to coat your hair prior to the run!
- Cover up – Get creative cover your hair with a wig, hat, shower cap or bandana especially if you are blonde and do not want any colour in your hair post race (it can take up to 14 days to get all of the colour out)
- Cover your seats – pack an old towel or garbage bags to sit on for the trip home
- Slip, Slop, Slap – coat yourself in suncream and a lip balm with SPF in it, not only will it protect your from the sun, it will help the colour to slide off when your done
- Shield your eyes – by wearing sunnies, goggles or similar to avoid any irritation
- Leave your favourites are home – while the colour will eventually wash out of everything we suggest leaving your expensive strollers or running shoes at home (just in case)
- Hit the Cleaning Zone, they will blow all the loose powder off you leaving you so your ’touch clean’
- Dust off as much of the dry powder a you can before adding any water
- When you get home shower as normal, add baking soda to your body wash for any stubborn spots
- Washing your hair – anti dandruff shampoo is best for helping remove any colour patches, and if it needs something a little extra add baking soda to your shampoo to form a paste
- Clothing – dust off all excess ‘dust’ wash items separately in cold water, Napisan or similar will help work wonders
THE COLOR RUN 2015
WHEN: Sunday 13th September
WHERE: Victoria Park Racecourse, Adelaide
START TIME: The lineup will be open at 9am with waves going every few minutes until 9:30am. Be sure to enter the start chute with the people you want to run with. The village opens at 7;00am for all our pre-run entertainment.