South Australian Style Magazine is growing and as a result we are looking for a highly-organised editorial assistant to join the team two days a week.
The successful applicant will be responsible for writing and editing content for South Australia’s favourite fashion, beauty and lifestyle publication, as well as content for our various digital mediums. You will also be required to liaise with key advertisers.
You will work closely with the Managing Editor and will support senior members of the team as required. You will have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise. Previous experience working with an editorial team is preferable.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- The ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- The ability to write engaging content for print and online audiences
- Knowledge and experience in InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress
- A passion for fashion, lifestyle and beauty
Duties will include:
- Writing articles for print and digital
- Fact-checking and sub-editing as required
- Attending weekly editorial/sales meetings
- Fashion stock collection and return
- Assisting the Managing Editor with various administrative tasks as required
- Working closely with our sales team and key advertisers to develop engaging advertorial copy
- Representing the magazine at out of hour events as required
If this sounds like you send your resume, cover letter and a 200-word blog about your five favourite fashion and/or beauty products or trends to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 6th October.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We will only respond to successful applicants at this time.