The Hilton’s Coal Cellar + Grill is an inner-city favourite. But did you know these 5 facts about the award winning restaurant?
Images: Meaghan Coles
1. There are more than 500 varieties of Australian and international wines on offer, and each meal is expertly paired with a complimenting drop. The impressive cellar is home to 3000 bottles!
2. The seasonal menu hinges on the clever use of local produce, of which there is an abundance in South Australia. Head chef, Brent Assam, says “Food is about connection, not just about what the food is, but also where it comes from and how it’s grown. It’s about the story.”
3. Brent Assam has won many competitions, but most notably the Chaine de Rotisseurs Competition in South Africa.
4. If you’re looking for a guilt-free desert, you’re in luck! The light and creamy apple cheesecake with caramel and maple granola contains no sugar!
5. Coal Cellar + Grill’s Express Lunch is seriously the best deal in town. For just $25 you get a choice of mains from the Express Lunch menu, plus a glass of wine, beer or soft drink and a coffee.