We stopped into Laser Hair Removal at The Bay for a Hydrafacial – a non invasive and deeply thorough treatment that cleanses, exfoliates and hydrates the skin. Using a fusion of antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid, the Hydrafacial improves skin tone, texture and leaves you with a beautiful healthy glow. Elly walks us through her treatment from start to finish.
1. My Hydrafacial began with a consultation with my skincare nurse, Veronica. We talked through my focus areas, morning and nighttime skincare routine, the products I use, and what I could add or take away from my routine to better care for my skin. Veronica noted that some of the products I use don’t contain any active ingredients, which was surprising to discover.
2. We moved over to the table for the first step of my facial, which was ‘vortex cleansing and hydra-peel exfoliation. All makeup residue was wiped carefully from my skin, and then Veronica began using the wand-like device, which excreted glucosamine to help loosen dirt, clean and exfoliate. She explained that the wand has a spiral tip from which the product comes out of the top hole, exfoliates via the spiral tip, then sucks the residue from the skin and into the Hydrafacial machine.
4. Next, a thin layer of Glysal Prep was used on the skin to loosen any more dirt or debris. This product is a mild mix of salicylic and glycolic acids. Veronica explained that sometimes it feels warm and tingly, but to me it just felt nice and warm.
5. Next, a new tip is used on the wand, and the new product used on the skin is a Willow Bark and Tasmanian Fruit extract. The vacuum is turned up so that all of the gunk on my face is removed. At this step, my skin feels different already. This part isn’t relaxing though it doesn’t feel unpleasant. Veronica explains that this isn’t a facial for those who just want to chill out – it’s a results driven that focuses on cleansing the skin.
6. The flow is then turned up to allow for more product – this time an infusion of antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid – on the skin. It feels really nice.
7. Finally, the facial is completed with the Hydrafacial MD hyaluronic acid moisturiser with antioxidant complex. Veronica shows me the jar filled with all of the gunk that was sucked from my skin, and I was kind of grossed out by how much dirt was sitting on my skin even when I thought it was clean.
A few hours after the facial, my face felt smooth and soft and ridiculously hydrated. The next day, I had a little bit of flaking, though nothing major and nothing that anyone else would be able to notice. A week later, I’ve had people ask if I have been using new products, my skin feels so smooth, and without makeup I look like I have less imperfections. I will definitely be going back for another one!