The hottest accessory of the season is without a doubt the statement hair clip. The hair experts at Mahiki Hair show us how to style them with a soft, beachy wave and slick side-part in less than 15 minutes.
1) Section hair into four even sections: straight down the middle of the head, then ear to ear.
2) Starting from the back of head, spray each section before curling with the Techni.art Pli Shaper by L’Oréal Professionnel.
3) Take a small section and start curling the hair, making sure to change the direction of the curl with each section. This will present a more textured, beachy look.
4) Once all sections are completed, gently comb out the curls to create a looser wave by using a wide tooth comb.
5) Apply a small pump of L’Oréal Techni.art Liss Control Serum to your hands and spread throughout the hair.
6) Run your fingers through your hair to smooth any fly-aways.
7) Next, flip one side of the part over to create a voluminous and effortless look.
8) Tuck the smaller section of hair behind the ear and adorn with your choice of clips. We’ve used hair clips by local brand Aila from Harvey Seeker.
9) Lastly, finish off the look by setting the curls using the Techni.art Air Fix Hairspray and Techni.art Ring Light Pure spray by L’Oréal Professionnel.
Sometimes you just can’t get that salon-made perfection by yourself. When professionals need to be called in for the job, the team at Mahiki are at the ready. For expert event and bridal hair stylists, give Mahiki a call.
276 Payneham Road, Payneham
08 7225 6580
Clips and trench coat by Harvey The Label