Your guide to creating smooth, soft red-carpet ready waves with Mahiki Hair’s Style Director & Kérastase Ambassador, Brodie Hicks.
1) Section your hair into three parts, going ear to ear with the first section. Before curling, spray each section with Loreal Professionnel Pli Spray.
2) Starting at the back of head, take a medium to large section and start curling the hair. To curl, clamp the straightener at the roots of the hair and turn it into one full circle, sliding down the hair. In this style, we want all of the curls going in the same direction to give a more smooth, soft curl. Repeat the remaining sections.
3) Once the curling is complete, apply a small pump of Loreal Professionnel Liss Control Serum to your hands and rub them together before applying to the hair. Run your fingers through your hair to add shine and smooth over any fly-aways.
4) Before brushing out, use some texture spray to hold and add volume, flipping your head upside down. Don’t spray too closely to the hair – less is best!
5) When brushing out, use a wide tooth comb to create more of a soft casual wave. For a more classical or formal look, use your GHD dressing brush or a fine tooth comb.
6) Finally, adding some simple yet classy clips will add more of a formal look.
Sometimes you just can’t get that salon-made perfection by yourself. When professionals need to be called in give Mahiki a call.
276 Payneham Road, Payneham
08 7225 6580