A traditional recipe with a hint of lemon rind for extra sweetness, Maggie Beer’s Anzac biscuits recipe is one to try.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shedded coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 lemon zested
- 125g butter melted
- 2 tbspn golden syrup
- 2 tbspn Verjuice
- 1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix the flour, rolled oats, coconut, brown sugar and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter with golden syrup and Verjuice. Once butter has melted bring the mixture to a simmer before adding the bicarb soda. Stir to completely dissolve.
4. Add the hot butter and sugar mix to the dry ingredients and fold through.
5. Roll mixture into even sized balls and place onto a lined baking tray, leaving 2-3cm between each biscuit. Using your fingers, squash to flatten slightly.
6. Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.